SimpleIndex automates complex document workflows with the goal of minimizing the number of times the user must interact with the app. In many cases the whole process can be executed automatically, so the user just needs to click a single button to start it off. Server processing let’s your 1-click job configurations run fully unattended.
SimpleIndex 1-click scanning and indexing is enabled with its command line interface. SimpleIndex job files can be saved and opened just like a Word document. When you open a job file, SimpleIndex begins processing a new batch automatically. Scanning, processing (OCR, barcodes, database autofill, etc) and export happen in sequence with no further input from the user.
The Command Line Interface also allows SimpleIndex to be integrated with custom software applications with minimal to no programming required.
- Field values, processing folders and other settings can be passed as command line parameters
- Any SimpleIndex option can be set using XML job files
- Database export links processed files to your app automatically
- Control application behavior (display window, exit after processing, etc.)
- Pre-Process and Post-Process features can execute other command line applications at start and end of batch
You can find sample formats of the command lines for Simple Software products below.
“C:\Program Files (x86)\SimpleIndex\SimpleIndex.exe” /c:”Path to job file”
“C:\Program Files (x86)\SimpleIndex\SimpleSend.exe” “Path to job file” /hide /run
“C:\Program Files (x86)\SimpleIndex\qb\SimpleQB.exe” “Path to job file” /hide /run
This is used to closed SimpleIndex after the job has been completed automatically.
Put this in the Post-Proc field under the Batch tab in the Job Options:
taskkill -f -im simpleindex.exe