The Simple Software Wiki is the new repository for online help and support articles, starting with the release of SimpleIndex 10 in 2022.
High-level overview of solution design considerations.
- Getting Started - What is SimpleIndex and how to use this wiki to learn about it.
- Designing Your Imaging Solution - Considerations to make before you start configuring your solution.
- Automating Document Capture - Ways to capture more data from documents and reduce manual data entry.
Installation and Licensing
How to install, configure and license your workstation.
- Installation - Installing SimpleIndex from the setup file.
- Global Settings Wizard - Configuring a new workstation for the first time.
- Licensing & Activation - License options and how to activate licenses.
Creating jobs for scanning, document processing, OCR or retrieval.
- Creating Jobs - Overview of steps that need to be configured when creating a new Job File.
- Settings Wizard - Configure all Job File settings via the Settings Wizard.
- Multiple Users - Additional details for creating multi-step, multi-user processing workflows.
- Command Line Interface - Launch and run jobs from third party applications via the command line, passing index field values and other parameters to control how documents are indexed.
- Unattended Processing - Fully automate document processing using a hot folder configuration.
Processing and User Interface
Documentation from the operator point of view.
- Running Jobs
- User Interface
Key Features Reference
Jump to the configuration options for each of these key features.
- Bar Code Recognition
- Database Integration
- Index Autofill
- Pre-Index Batch Jobs
- PDF Processing
- Fixed fields and preset values
- Distributed Capture
- Unattended Processing
- Command Line Interface
The Simple Software Document Management Suite contains several complimentary applications to help automate scanning and QC workflows, view documents and integrate with other applications.
- SimpleCoversheet - Bar code printing to automate scanning workflows.
- SimpleExport - Convert Index Logs to any XML or text file format.
- SimpleQB - Import transaction data into QuickBooks, or scan, search and view documents from the QuickBooks menu.
- SimpleSend - Transfer documents via Secure FTP or E-Mail.
- SimpleView - Browse, search and view documents stored in Folders & Filenames.
List of features and updates in each recent release with links to the updated documentation for each.
For previous versions please see the Updates Newsfeed.
If you purchased SimpleIndex from one of our Authorized Dealers, they should be your first contact for any support issues. They will have first-hand knowledge of your particular implementation and any integrated applications you are working with.
Technical support requires a current Annual Maintenance contract. Please contact your Authorized Dealer or Order Maintenance from the SimpleIndex.com store.
- Knowledge Base for answers to common technical questions, how-to articles and miscellaneous options.
- University for guided training videos.
- Contact Support via e-mail, live chat or phone.