SimpleIndex can import or export files that need to be or have been processed from an FTP site. To configure this you need to connect up the FTP site to Windows through Windows File Explorer.
Instructions below based on this FTP site information:
Site – testftp.simpleindex.com
User Name – SIftp
Password – 1234
- Open Windows File Explorer in Windows.
- Enter this string based on the test FTP information above: ftp://SIftp@testftp.simpleindex.com
- Once you enter this address into Windows File Explorer a window will open asking for the Password, which based on our test FTP information would this: 1234
- Save the password
- Set the Input or Output or any other path in SimpleIndex to the following: ftp://SIftp@testftp.simpleindex.com
- If the folder required is a sub folder on the ftp site, for example ‘Output’ this would be the path: ftp://SIftp@testftp.simpleindex.com/Output/