Turn Off Prompts and Pop Ups on Job Configurations
SimpleIndex has a variety of prompts and pop ups that must be clicked that come up by default. These are normally needed by most users to set certain options or perform certain tasks based on the Job Configuration settings that have been set-up. These can be forced to be turned off though with a command line script. This can be configured in the settings for a shortcut that points to the Job Configuration that you would like to suppress the prompts and pop ups on.
Instructions to set Job Configuration shortcut to suppress all prompts and pop-ups:
- Right click on the Job Configuration file and select “Create shortcut” or “Sent to>Desktop”
- Find the shortcut, Right click on the shortcut and select “Properties”
- In the “Target:” field change the text in the field.
- Here is an example of the original text in the “Target:” field of a Job Configuration shortcut: “C:\SimpleIndex\Scan and OCR.sic”
- Here is what this section would be changed to for suppressing the prompts:
“C:\Program Files (x86)\SimpleIndex\SimpleIndex.exe” /c:”C:\SimpleIndex\Scan and OCR.sic” /s
- The “/s” in this example is the command to suppress prompts and pop ups in SimpleIndex.
- The path to the Job Configuration file that you want to use will need to be set to the proper destination and filename, including file type extension.