Network Scanners & Copiers
Most digital copiers have the ability to scan a TIFF or PDF file to a shared folder on your network. However, getting an image with a recognizable filename and index fields you can search on is usually a labor intensive, if not impossible task. SimpleIndex with SimpleCoversheet provides a way for the whole office to organize documents they scan with your existing digital copiers.
SimpleIndex uses barcodes to automate the process of tagging and filing documents. This can be accomplished by embedding barcodes in the documents when they are printed, or by using SimpleCoversheet to create barcode index pages that are encoded with the filing data.
SimpleIndex can be configured to run fully unattended as a Windows service or scheduled task. It monitors the folder for new scanned files, reads the barcodes and files them accordingly. The key values from the barcodes are used to tell SimpleIndex when a new file starts, what folder to store the document in, what to name the file and other tags to use for searching.
The advantages of this approach to scanning are:
- Use your existing digital copiers instead of buying dedicated scanners
- The person creating the document is responsible for indexing it
- Scan the document and forget it
KB Articles for Network Scanners & Copiers
- Disable StopFile
- Continue with Post Process Command Line if Input Folder is Empty
- Check and Repair All PDF Files
- How do I limit the number of files pulled from the input folder?
- Can SimpleIndex read bar codes from existing PDF files?
- I have a scanner/copier that creates PDF and TIFF files and saves them to my file server. Can I use SimpleIndex to create a searchable CD/DVD from these files?
- How do you select what types of files to process?
- Can the original image filename be used as part of the output filename?
- Is there a way to save the images when a batch is canceled?