EXPLORER-BASED DOCUMENT MANAGEMENT WITH SIMPLEVIEW
SimpleView lets you quickly scan, organize, search and view documents stored on your hard drive or file servers. Most document management systems use a database to organize and search for files. This forces you to laboriously import files into the system, then you must rely on that system anytime you access your files. SimpleView lets you use your existing folder and filing system to find, view and annotate documents. This has several advantages:
- No server systems to learn or maintain, only a desktop application
- No reliance on proprietary technology to access your files
- Uses built-in Active Directory file permissions
- Use existing access rights or edit them from SimpleView
- Files can be shared with other applications
- No need to import and tag files manually
- Use existing backup plans
- Users who view documents infrequently can still use Windows Explorer
Most companies that use their file servers for document management simply use Windows Explorer to find and view files. SimpleView is a much better solution for anyone that works with documents regularly.
- Integrated document scanning
- View multi-page documents without opening in Acrobat or Windows Picture and Fax Viewer
- Double-click files to open in default application for advanced editing
- Rotate, clean-up, re-order pages, split and merge multi-page TIFF and PDF files
- Convert documents to text or searchable PDF with OCR
- Annotations – make notes, highlights and other mark-ups without altering original
- Automatically highlight or redact text search results
- More versatile file searching, including pattern matching (RegEx)
- Search large file shares in seconds instead of minutes
- Find text inside PDF files (also RegEx enabled)
- Dockable windows for customized viewing, including multiple monitors
Advanced Regular Expression file search for filenames containing any date
With single-user licenses starting at $300 and multi-user packs for a fraction of that, we think that SimpleView is a competitive replacement for Windows Explorer for anyone who works with scanned documents or PDF files on a regular basis.
You can find SimpleView here.
If SimpleIndex crashes when it tries to display the image file in the embedded SimpleView viewer right after the processing has finished then it might be that one of the SimpleView windows or settings is set to an incompatible position or option without giving you the chance to correct this issue.
You can reset the embedded SimpleView viewer by going to this location:
Then delete everything in this folder.
SimpleIndex® is a great solution for small businesses and departments that need a quick and affordable way to scan, organize and view documents. SimpleIndex provides a wide variety of retrieval options, many of which require no special software to find and view documents. The most affordable solution uses Windows folders and filenames to organize and find documents on a shared network drive. SimpleIndex lets you use index field values to create folders and filenames automatically, automating the process with barcodes, OCR and database lookups where possible. Other applications force the user to create folders and name files manually, making ad-hoc document management too labor-intensive to be practical. You may also use SimpleIndex with SimpleSearch to create a keyword-searchable database that lets you find and view documents based on one or more index values. There are several advantages to using SimpleSearch instead of Windows folders: Find documents based on specific keywords or phr