Robotic process automation.
In just a few clicks, you can an inbox full of invoices to data entered into QuickBooks Online (or any other accounting system) with SimpleIndex and Astro RPA.
The first step is to run our SimpleInvoice job to capture the data from your invoices. Then, with one more click, fire up the robot and grab a cup of coffee while it takes over the job of entering the vendor names, invoice numbers, dates, dollar amounts and expense categories into your QuickBooks Online company file.
Both processes require minimal configuration to get started, so an hour or two of configuration replaces endless time spent manually entering your bills into QuickBooks. End the tedium. It’s why we created robots, right?
Use SimpleInvoice and a Astro RPA robot to:
- Automatically process and capture the data from your invoices
- Enter the data into any accounting system (QuickBooks, Xero, FreshBooks, NetSuite, etc.)
- Brew and drink instead of copy and paste
If your invoice workflow requires line item capture, GL coding, or other advanced features, check out these Enterprise Invoice Processing solutions.
Some initial setup is required, and we can help you out with that too. Our Professional Services department can have you up and running in just a couple of hours.
Please Contact Us to find out more about automating your data entry time thieves with robots made in Astro RPA!
This makes it a must-have tool for IT departments and consultants who often need to:
- Scan and store various documents on network shares or cloud storage
- Organize existing MS Office, PDF and other files on your network
- Attach files to records in a custom database
- Integrate scanning into custom business applications
- Add document capture to Robotic Process Automation bots
- Automate data entry from paper or electronic documents
- Reduce click charges for centralized scanning departments
With a cost and setup time that is negligible compared to other enterprise capture platforms, SimpleIndex makes sense even when your company already has one. For example:
- When SimpleIndex has unique features your other software doesn’t, like Office and PDF text parsing, PDF Bookmarking or Electronic Imprinting.
- When setting up a new workflow requires extensive setup time and management approvals to use the central system.
- When click charges make a project prohibitively expensive.
The wide variety of scanning and indexing tasks you can do with SimpleIndex make it an incredibly useful tool to have in your arsenal.
Find Out More
- Download or get an Online Demo
- SimpleIndex Feature Guide
- Wiki Manual Pages
- Compare Versions & Licensing
KB Articles for Document Management
- Oracle database is slow to respond
- What is Document Imaging?
- Using alternate database schemas
- Multiple Sort Fields on Search
- Access Database Connection String
- How do I delete an image and it's database entry?
- Is it possible to search for and retrieve documents with Windows desktop search?
- Will your SimpleQB allow me to scan in old invoices or bank statements directly into QuickBooks?
- How do I use the Media Wizard to create searchable DVDs or thumb drives?
- How do I export index data to a database?
SimpleIndex® provides a great alternative to “reinventing the wheel” using a document imaging SDK to implement scanning in your custom application. SimpleIndex uses a command line interface to enable developers to execute customized scanning workflows from another application. This lets you take advantage of SimpleIndex‘s TWAIN/ISIS scanning, zone OCR, barcode recognition and database export features without having to re-code them all yourself.
Whether you are an IT consultant creating an application for internal company use or a software developer looking to add scanning features to your application, SimpleIndex provides the easiest solution available.
To use SimpleIndex as a scanning front-end for your application, simply:
- Create a SimpleIndex job file configured to scan, index and save files the way you want
- (Optional) configure the database export to create/update document records in your DB
- Use a “Shell” command to execute the job file from your program
When you execute the job file from your program, SimpleIndex will scan, read barcodes, OCR zones, etc. and organize the documents into the folders and filenames your program requires. The database export can be configured to add or update records in your database with information captured from the documents as well as the image file path or binary data. Index values can be passed from your program to SimpleIndex via the command line. The whole process can be configured to run minimized so the user never even sees the SimpleIndex screen.
KB Articles for Integration
- Exclude Index Field from Index Log
- Turn Off Prompts and Pop Ups on Job Configurations
- Change the Font Size of Index Fields
- Large documents (>500 pg) Slow to Process - Workaround
- Regular Expression (RegEx) - Syntax or Type
- Index With Non-Latin Character Sets
- Skip to Blank Index on Save Index
- Stop Autorun When Double Clicking Configuration
- Autonumber Increment Value
- Overlap of SimpleView Viewer in SimpleIndex Display
Some documents are difficult or impossible to automate with OCR. For example, documents with non-standard layouts, unconstrained handwriting or very poor scan quality. In applications like invoice processing, fully automating the data entry can require expensive software and weeks of consulting. Even after all that expense, many users miss the interface and data validations that their accounting software entry screens provide.
In cases like this, SimpleIndex can help improve data entry efficiency while archiving your scanned originals at the same time. Here’s how it works:
- Scan a batch of documents for data entry
- Place the SimpleIndex window side-by-side with your data entry window
- Enter the data normally, reading from the scanned image in SimpleIndex
- Press the hotkey combo to transfer the data to SimpleIndex
- Save the image and repeat with the next one
In this configuration, SimpleIndex captures an image of the data entry window, then uses OCR to read the data and index the image. Since the data entry screen has a consistent layout and clear, readable fonts, it can be reliably recognized with OCR.
There are several advantages to this approach:
- Configuration and training takes hours not weeks
- Scanned images are indexed with no extra work
- All the advantages of digital docs–security, searching, sharing, etc.
- Use all the data validation features of your software
- No flipping through paper documents
- Operator keeps eyes on the screen and hands on the keyboard
- Data entry can be done remotely
- Data entry performance improves and files are archived at the same time
FAQ Related to Screenshot OCR
The Fastest, Most Accurate Scanning Solution
KB Articles for Streamlined Interface
- Workstation Activation in the Concurrent Serial Number Field
- Command Line Sample
- Process Monitor/ProcMon Instructions
- Command Line Arguments
- Take control of Sales Tax exemption forms
- The All-In-One Scanning & Sorting Tool
- Full-Page OCR Indexing Demo
- Indexing Solutions with Barcode Recognition
- Automated Processing & 1-Click Interface