TWAIN and ISIS Scanning
ISIS is the unfortunately named driver standard developed by Pixel Translations years before the acronym (which stands for “Image and Scanner Interface Specification”) had any jihadist connotations. ISIS provides a more standardized interface for high-speed scanners, and is often required to scan at the scanners rated speed.
TWAIN scanning is supported in all versions of SimpleIndex.
Support for ISIS is included with SimpleIndex Professional and available as an Add-on for other versions. ISIS is recommended for high-speed document scanners, or applications that require central management of scanner settings. ISIS driver settings are saved in your SimpleIndex job file so every user gets the exact scanner settings they need for each type of document.
What Happens After You Scan?
The difference between SimpleIndex and other applications is that it fully automates the process of indexing and filing your documents once they are scanned. Use bar codes, OCR, database lookups and other features to identify keywords and metadata, organize files into folders, or populate your database and document management system.
TWAIN & ISIS Scanning Video
Since scanning happens in the meatspace there’s really not a lot to show in a screen recording. But Google really likes videos so here’s a quick preview what it looks like when you’re scanning with SimpleIndex.
Unique Book & Magazine Scanning Features
SimpleIndex streamlines the process of scanning books and magazines. Anyone who commonly scans bound material needs SimpleIndex just for this feature!
Book scanning lets you scan bound books quickly on a flatbed scanner. The user is prompted after each scan so they only need to turn the page and press “enter” to perform the next scan. 2-page scans can be automatically split vertically or horizontally to create single page images.
When scanning a typical tabloid-sized magazine that is folded down the middle, SimpleIndex‘s magazine scanning function will automatically split the images in half, reorder and rotate the pages so they appear in proper reading order when finished. This can save hundreds of hours of manual image QC, or provide your clients with a level of image quality they can’t get from anyone else.
KB Articles for TWAIN and ISIS Scanning
- What is Document Imaging?
- What scanners does SimpleIndex work with?
- I have a duplex scanner how do I set up SimpleIndex to scan 2 sided documents automatically?
- Can I scan with a Kofax Adrenaline based scanner interface?
- I have a scanner with Virtual ReScan (VRS) that is not scanning properly. How do I solve this issue?
- How can I change from letter to legal size documents?
- What scanners are compatible with SimpleIndex? How do I find a list?
- I finished scanning a batch and found a page that did not get scanned. How can I insert the missing page?
- How do I automatically delete blank pages from duplex documents?
- How do I configure SimpleIndex to scan documents?