I know nothing about databases. Can I still use the database and Retrieval Mode features?
Wednesday, 28 February 2018
Yes! We’ve made it simple to create a database that you can use to store index information and perform searches with SimpleIndex Retrieval Mode.
Once you have configured a SimpleIndex job to scan and store documents on your network, use these steps to create a database to store index information for searching:
- Go to the Database step in the Job Settings Wizard
- Click “New Data Source…”
- Select Default and then click Next
- Click Yes when asked to “Copy default database to config file folder and configure settings?”
- The database will be copied to the folder that the Job Configuration is saved in and the name of the database will be the same name as the Job Configuration with all of the fields in SimpleIndex
This creates a database and automatically links it to your SimpleIndex Job Configuration for uploading to or searching from.
- Published in Database & Retrieval