Searching and Viewing Documents
If you have not yet decided on a plan for how to organize your electronic documents for later retrieval, you should take some time to consider the possible options.
There are several ways to search and view documents processed with SimpleIndex®:
- Use SimpleSearch to use keyword searches to find and view indexed documents
- Use SimpleView to browse folders, search files, view, edit and annotate scanned documents without a database
- Use a third-party Document Management System for integrated searching, viewing, workflow, security, compliance auditing and other records management functions
- Use Cloud Storage platforms like Google Drive, Box and OneDrive for keyword and full-text searching
- Use SharePoint to share documents online with custom metadata, create custom document workflows and employ records management standards
- Use the Windows Search Bar to search the names and contents of files stored on Windows Server
- Integrate SimpleIndex or SimpleSearch directly with your custom application using the Command Line Interface
- Use a Custom Database or spreadsheet such as MS Access, SQL Server or Excel to store the index data and provide links to the stored document images
- Work with our Professional Services Team or an Authorized Dealer to create a customized solution or direct integration with virtually any application
Find Out More
Read more about Affordable Document Management solutions with SimpleIndex.
Check out our How to Scan Documents for a detailed guide to creating scanning and retrieval systems.
Our Professional Services department can help you with every step of our project, and often have you up and running in just a couple of hours.
Please Contact Us to schedule a demo or ask us any questions you have!
KB Articles for Document Management
- Oracle database is slow to respond
- What is Document Imaging?
- Using alternate database schemas
- Multiple Sort Fields on Search
- Access Database Connection String
- How do I delete an image and it's database entry?
- Is it possible to search for and retrieve documents with Windows desktop search?
- Will your SimpleQB allow me to scan in old invoices or bank statements directly into QuickBooks?
- How do I use the Media Wizard to create searchable DVDs or thumb drives?
- How do I export index data to a database?