Enhancements to Server, Export Top New Features List
Simple Software is pleased to announce the latest iteration of our
easy-to-use scanning and indexing flagship product. This latest revision
includes an enhanced server processing module with a web services interface, integrated export function with built-in templates for several popular document management solutions, and free versions of our Imaging Suite applications.
New Server Manager & Web Services Interface
The server configuration tool is much more intuitive and now
lets you monitor batch processing in real time. Similarly, the redesigned server module is faster, more reliable and uses fewer system resources.
The web service interface lets you submit job files on demand for processing on the server. This lets you run any job you want any time you want, provides tight integration with third party applications, and avoids having to configure each job in the manager.
New Integrated Export
We’ve integrated our SimpleExport functionality right into SimpleIndex and improved integration with web services and SharePoint. Templates for
several popular document management applications are included, and new templates can be developed quickly for a nominal charge. But the best part is that you no longer need to purchase a SimpleExport license to use custom exports!
SharePoint 2010 users can upload documents, organize folders and set custom field data directly from SimpleIndex. Users who have developed custom web services can have documents and data published directly to their website with HTTP POST and web services file uploads.
Other Enhancements in SimpleIndex 7.5
Current users will also notice background enhancements such as
improved handling with variations in TIFF, PDF, and JPEG files.
Likewise the ability to process on-the-fly during scanning has
been ramped up and if you work in virtual environments, there’s
enhanced support for VMWare.
A new Global Settings Wizard makes initial setup easier than ever,
and adds the option to associate SimpleIndex job files with the right-click menu in Windows Explorer. You can perform OCR operations on the clipboard or from screen shots, not just scanned pages. A new Long Text Editor lets you manually select, extract and format paragraphs of text. Like
using barcodes? Barcode accuracy has been improved and you can even extract specific characters from within a barcode value.
Because we have not upgraded licensed technologies like OCR and barcode recognition, we have been able to provide this update free of charge for any version 7 user regardless of annual maintenance!
Under the Hood
We’ve turned up the dial on the performance and added some behind-the-scenes enhancements that you have been asking for.
- New, faster imaging libraries with better support for variations in TIFF/PDF/JPEG formats
- New Regular Expressions implementation allows advanced features like look-ahead and look-behind
- Improved VMWare support
- Improved support for mouse wheel actions
- Improved on-the-fly processing during scanning
- Better barcode accuracy through improved barcode checksum support
Other New Features
From the moment you run SimpleIndex 7.5 for the first time, you’ll find new tools and options to help you get more done faster. The following lists all new features added since the 7.2 release.
- New Global Settings Wizard streamlines initial setup process
- Clipboard and screen shot OCR captures data from application screens
- Multi-crop lets you draw several zones on the page and
extract them to separate files automatically
- Display converted index log report after batch with
clickable links to exported files
- Process any folder with any SimpleIndex job by
right-clicking the folder in Windows Explorer
- Pages are displayed while rescanning or scanning to a single file
- Extract characters from a barcode using %[start,length]% in template
- Simplified compression options screen
- Insert files into batch
- Long text editor for capturing large blocks of text; quickly
copy/paste and reformat text from searchable PDFs
- Add new records to database when no match is found on export
- Sort input by modified date instead of filename
- Test Barcodes option reads all barcodes on the page and
gives coordinates, type and other stats
- Find in Lists option helps you find values in a long list
when you don’t know the starting characters
Improved Integration with Servers and Databases
From launching jobs via the web to saving index data directly in a DMS friendly format, SimpleIndex 7.5 steps it up from start to finish.
- SimpleExport functions integrated directly into SimpleIndex;
output index data to any XML/HTML/Text format
- New server configuration tool is more intuitive and lets you
monitor batch processing in real time
- Redesigned server module is faster, more reliable and uses
fewer system resources
- Web service interface lets you remotely control server
- HTTP Post file upload support for integration with custom
- SharePoint 2010 integration — export images and index data
to document libraries