How do you configure the Autofill feature?
The Autofill feature of SimpleIndex is an easy way to associate many index fields with one document without retyping data that already exists in another application.
Autofill uses a database lookup to retrieve records that match a key value or values entered by the user or extracted with SimpleIndex. Blank index fields are then filled in automatically with the data from this lookup. The result is a document database with many different possible search fields, of which only one needed to be entered during scanning.
You can use one, two or three index fields as the key values to extract data from your data source. These index fields can be any of the various types of manual and automatic fields. Once the fields are matched the lookup information will get filled in to the Autofill Index fields.
- Navigate to the Indexing & File Naming step in the Job Options Wizard under the File menu.
- Create an Index field(s) in SimpleIndex that will be used for the key matching value(s), which will pull the information from the database. This Index field can be any Type other than Autofill.
- Click the “Autofill Settings…” button on the top right.
- Select the “Datasource:” configured in the Database step in the drop down or click the “New Data Source…” button to create a new connection.
- Click the Load button, which loads the data from the database.
- Select the Table or View that the data is in in the “Table or View:” drop down.
- Select the key field from the database that will be used to match against to pull the other data from the other columns in the selected Table or View from the “Database Key Field 1:” drop down. If other index fields are required for matching the correct records select these in “Database Key Field 2:” and “Database Key Field 3:”
- Select the key index field from SimpleIndex that will be entered or extracted and used to match against the database in the “Index Key Field 1:” drop down. If other index fields are required for matching the correct records select these in the “Index Key Field 2:” and “Index Key Field 2:”, making sure that the correct SimpleIndex fields are linked to the correct database columns.
- Click Finish
- Create new Autofill index fields for each piece of additional data needed to be filled in based on the key field(s). The Template for each of the Autofill index fields should be the exact name of the column from the data source that should be filled.
By checking the “Allow manual input in Autofill fields” the users can edit the filled data manually. By checking “Automatically select first matching record” it will select the first record in the table that matches instead of asking which record should be used, when multiple records in the data source have the same data. By checking “Match on single Key Field” it will match on just one of the key fields, instead of requiring all key fields be match, when multiple key matching fields are used. By checking “Cascading List Mode” each autofill field is displayed as a drop down list populated by the records that match the key field(s) and each selection filters the next list for matching values.
- Published in Database & Retrieval, Indexing & UI