How to emulate Server behavior in the client
Due to licensing restrictions, there are some functions in SimpleIndex that behave slightly differently when running in server mode than when running interactively. Mostly the only difference is in speed but sometimes it can be difficult to tell why output is different when running unattended.
The biggest difference between client and server is with barcode configurations. Server processing always uses the DTK engine unless the Advanced Barcode Server license is enabled.
Some image conversion and processing options may also behave slightly differently, possibly affecting ocr. You can set the interactive mode to process images in the same way as the server mode by updating a registry key. You can find instructions on this below.
- search for “regedit” on your computer.
- Navigate to this folder in the Registry Editor window: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\SimpleIndex\Misc
- In the right pane of the Registry Editor window Right Click and select New>String Value
- Set the name of the file to this: UseServer
- Double click on the “UseServer” registry key, set the Value to “1” (One) and click OK.