Simple Software is pleased to announce the latest iteration of our easy-to-use scanning and indexing flagship product. This latest revision adds a host of new features both user-facing and behind-the-scenes.
There are hundreds of changes, both big and small, in the version of SimpleIndex 9.0.
A few of the more notable changes are listed below:
- Additional language support for Tesseract OCR: includes Chinese, Arabic, Hindi and other languages. Installing the language pack will enable recognition in all available languages for Tesseract 3.02 Full list of supported languages.
- Automatic routing: documents with missing index fields directed to the Backup folder on export for manual review.
- PDF Forms Automation: Read data from filled in PDF forms and send it to a spreadsheet or database, or reverse the process and fill in blank forms with existing data.
- Integrated document separation: combines pages into multi-page documents without the need for a 2-step configuration.
- Automatic forwarding of a copy of the first page: from each exported file a first page is forwarded to a separate folder for data processing. Improves performance and reduces click charges for multi-page documents where data is only extracted from the first page.
- Image-based semi-transparent watermarking support: adding logos, trademarks or backgrounds for PDF files.
- Page Order Validation: read the page number from each page with OCR and compare it to the scanned page order. Automatically flags any pages where the page number doesn’t match the expected value, allowing the operator to make corrections before the document is saved.
- Double-Index Validation: compare the value of two fields during unattended processing and automatically route documents to exceptions when the values don’t match. Use for unattended page order validation, backup zonal OCR when a value appears multiple times on the page, or comparing documents to expected values from a database.
- Updated imaging components: improvements to image processing performance and compatibility.
- .NET platform upgrade from 4.0 to 4.5.2: As a result Windows XP is no longer supported. Please use previous versions of SimpleIndex
- Updated licensing process: Streamlined activation using installer, improving virtualization compatibility and prevent activation issues during major Windows updates. Removed page per year limits on Advanced Barcode Server license.
- Improved SharePoint performance: much faster uploads, automatically match metadata fields.
- Third Autofill key field: When you can’t match on just 2 fields.