A New Year and a New Release! Simple Software proudly announces the release of version 9.2 of our flagship scanning, indexing and capture solution SimpleIndex!
The biggest updates include a new Atalasoft bar code recognition engine, performance optimization for the SimpleView viewer, and the ability to import, view and export several new image file formats.
Here are the most notable changes in SimpleIndex 9.2:
- Atalasoft Barcode Engine has been added, providing an alternate method for reading bar codes that are not detected with the other engines, particularly broken Code 39 images that are missing the start/stop characters.
- SimpleView Viewer is optimized to render images and thumbnails at a lower resolution than the one used for processing, providing significant performance improvements and avoiding memory issues with very large files.
- New Image Formats are supported in new version. SimpleView viewer now supports PCX, TGA, WMF, EMF, PSD, WBMP, TLA, PCD image formats.
- Scanning, conversion and export to BMP, GIF and PNG added.
- Fast Import is added as setting in Wizard. This option disables reading file properties and sorting to improve the speed of importing files, especially from folders that have more than 1000 files.
- SharePoint export has improved performance by reducing redundant requests, support for various authentication types, and integration into the Processing Log for troubleshooting.
- IndexFontSize is a registry key that permits resizing the display font of index fields, useful for 4k displays.
- Tesseract OCR engine upgraded from 3.02 to 3.04.
- Smaller Download size and addition of new Tesseract language files to the Language Pack download.
- Localization Support in the settings wizard allows translation of user interface into other languages.
- Improved performance and stability for document exports.
- Plenty of bugs were caught and fixed.