Upgraded versions of ocr components improve recognition accuracy and language support. Optimized import and processing functions significantly reduce processing time. Automatic text redaction secures sensitive data. All of this and more is available in the SimpleIndex 11.2 release!
- Improved Email Import
Email header data is saved as text files, allowing you to capture To, From, Date, Subject, and Body text to OCR fields. Option to import emails in original HTML format. Plain text version of pdf email is created when HTML to PDF conversion fails.
- Automatic Text Redaction
Redact sensitive data automatically on exported PDF files. Use pattern matching to locate names, social security numbers, or other private data and draw black boxes over them so they cannot be read.
- Faster File Import
New, optimized file import creates new batches in significantly less time.
- Improved full-text OCR with AWS Textract
Output searchable PDF files using Amazon Textract Cloud OCR for the most accurate text and handwriting recognition. OCR multi-page files without separating into pages, and support for more image file formats without conversion.
- 64-Bit FineReader OCR
Improved performance and ability to OCR very large, high-resolution image files without encountering memory errors.
- Tesseract 5 OCR Engine
Tesseract has been upgraded from version 3 to version 5, offering improved performance and accuracy, and support for more languages.
- Improved Server Job Management and Performance
When running multiple jobs on 1-5 minute intervals.
- Improved SharePoint Authentication
Use modern 2-factor authentication, Windows authentication, or app passwords.
- Support for Unicode languages in field labels and recent files
- Manually add or remove items from Recent Files for full control of the list
- Perform character replacements in Autofill, Fixed, and other field types
- Improved diagnostic logging
- Corrected barcode matching issues with zones and process while scanning
- ISIS settings reloaded when continue scanning batch, overwriting user changes
- Duplication of images when continue scanning with ISIS
- Correctly escape AWS field label characters in generated regex
- ICR segmentation type selection not applied correctly resulting in poor recognition
- simpleview crashes when selecting folder when user doesn't have Read permissions
- Make Batch Logging Optional in default database wizard
- Associated text files not imported when ORIGINAL output file type selected
- File locking issue when burning annotations
- Burn All Annotations setting not read correctly
- PDF Password causes error when saving autonumber value after batch
- Activation screen not visible when license is invalid
- HTML files not visible in viewer
- Some HTML emails create 0kb PDF files
- Autofill multiple match window display issue