SimpleIndex 9 Specifications
- Windows 10 32- or 64-bit edition, Windows 8 32- or 64-bit edition and Windows 7 32- or 64-bit edition
- Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2019
- A computer with a 2 GHz Intel Pentium or higher, or equivalent processor, 3 GHz recommended
- 4 GB of memory (RAM), 8 GB recommended
- 2.8 GB total hard drive space for all components
- WIA, TWAIN or ISIS scanner driver
- Web access needed for online activation
Why are the Image File Name, Mouse Action and/or Save Index buttons are not visible on the main window?
There are 2 possible causes for this.
First, if your screen is set to a low resolution (less than 1024×768) there is not enough room on the screen to display all the controls. A high resolution display is recommended for scanning because it lets you see more of the page at once. Use the Display Settings in your Control Panel to adjust your screen resolution.
The second cause for this problem is if the Display Fields setting on the Index tab is set too high. SimpleIndex will attempt to display the number of fields set here, even if they do not fit on the screen. Lower this number until all the controls you need are displayed.
This behavior is by design. You must click the “Save Index” button in order to save the changes you make to index fields. This allows you to easily undo mistakes.
The “Save Index” button can be hit by simply pressing Enter on your keyboard while indexing. This will save your index data and advance to the next page automatically. This is the most efficient way to perform key indexing since the hands don’t have to leave the keyboard.
The “Save All” button can be used to save all the files in the batch with their current index values. This is the equivalent of clicking “Save Index” over and over until the last page is reached.